Social media has changed the way in which we communicate with each other, like it or not. For those early adopters who saw the benefits of social media early on, it has become an influential tool both personally and professionally. For others, who are just new to the social media game, it has been hard to grasp the ever-changing interfaces, the language, the technology and the ability to multi-task with ease while balancing social media with traditional marketing vehicles. Especially for those who were not born in a technologically-friendly generation, it can be hard to learn and adapt while social media is ever-changing and at a very rapid pace.
The reality is though, that if businesses, organizations or professionals/industry experts aren't on social media, your making one of the biggest marketing blunders of the 21st century.
Seeing people of all generations embrace the use of social media is promising. It also proves that there are no reasons to why someone or a business can say they can't or don't know how to be engaged on social media.
[Tweet ""If you aren't on social media, your making one of the biggest marketing blunders of the 21st century." #PassionateVoice"]
Social media is not an option anymore, it is a necessity.
I often say in presentations that social media is the second greatest revolution since the industrial revolution. I am always amazed at the companies, businesses and individuals that SHOULD be on social media, not as a participatory obligation but as a mandatory business communications practice, but are not. OR, there are those that are on social media but have no strategy, no content and no direction to how they are managing their social media channels. Social media is not all fun and games. It is a tool that should be harnessed & used with purpose, strategy & creativity.
7 Reasons Why Your Missing Out if Your Not on Social Media
- The NEW GENERATION OF CONSUMER wants to feel connected and engaged and no other form of media besides social, allows for that type of inclusion and consumer experience between brand and customer.
- There is an EXPECTATION from consumers now that businesses, companies and personal services are on social media. It is the first line of customer service that consumers turn too.
- There are CONVERSATIONS taking place on social media regardless of whether you want them too or not or regardless of whether you are participating or not. Especially if the conversation is about your company, business or industry, try and influence the audience and be a part of the conversation. Participate in the action rather than be an observer from the sidelines.
- There is an AUDIENCE on social media hungry for information. While having a mix of traditional and digital media is important, digital media is being consumed at a much faster rate. If your target audience is on social media, you HAVE to be there but there are also untapped audiences that you may not have considered that are also engaging on social media that social media allows you to connect with.
- Social media is FREE to sign up for and is easy to access as a beginner. There really is no excuse as to why people and companies aren't online, especially if competitors are there and actively using social networks.
- Many mention the learning curve that is involved in learning the many social media platforms, language, etc. Society has adapted in many ways with cars, telephones and social media is no different. It is something you HAVE to learn and with the many FREE RESOURCES available, you can learn to navigate and at the pace at which you'd like to learn.
- With social media you can MEASURE your interactions, engagement, conversation and click through rates to see which content you are sharing is most beneficial to your audience/consumers. This helps you understand your audience better and tailor future content to their needs. This is invaluable data that traditional marketing does not provide as easily, as fast, and most importantly as FREE as social media does.
[Tweet "Social media is the second greatest revolution since the industrial revolution." #Passionate Voice"]
After reading this, if you are are thinking you need to be on social media from a personal or business standpoint and need help then get in touch! I'd be happy to help extend your voice online and teach you what social media can do for you!
[Tweet ""Social media is not all fun and games. It is a tool that should be harnessed & used with purpose, strategy & creativity." #PassionateVoice"]