One of my 2017 goals this year is to attend a personal development course or conference. I realized the other day that I better get on this because once May comes and Baby A arrives, my time *may* be limited. Unless I decide to do a conference or course in the fall once I've *adjusted* to this new exciting, scary thing called motherhood.
With warmer temps recently and the feeling that Spring (may) just be around the corner, it has me feeling rejuvenated to want to learn and take in new things, a lot like how the New Year makes me feel.
I love attending conferences, not only because of the people and networking, but because while I'm there, I usually get so many ideas at conferences that leaves me feeling excited about new ways of thinking; taking new approaches to ideas; and adding to my side business and brand.
I've had a few people recently mention to me that they are looking for a conference to attend this year and I wanted to share some of the conferences that I either follow, engage with on social media or have found online, if you, like me, are looking for a conference to attend this year.
- Advancing Women's Conference West - March 6-7- Calgary, AB (Created for every woman who wants to achieve success. Whether you are a crop, fruit, vegetable, dairy or livestock producer, own your own small or large ag business or in a career path with an ag organization or association - this conference is for you. Gain or hone the skills that will bring you success in your career, family life and community.)
- Peterborough International Women's Day Conference - March 8 - Toronto, ON (The Women Business Network of Peterborough is hosting Peterborough’s first full-day International Women's Day conference, bringing this global celebration of the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women into our own community).
- Dx3 Canada Technology, Digital Media & Retail Event - March 8-9 - Toronto, ON (Dx3 is Canada’s largest conference and trade show dedicated to digital marketing, advertising and retail. Dx3 connects the world’s top technology brands including Facebook, IBM, Samsung, Microsoft and MasterCard to Canada’s leading consumer brands, retailers and agencies by curating engaging content, immersive experiences and platforms that enable meaningful face-to-face commerce.)
- Women in Leadership & Business - March 27-28 - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (What do successful business people know and do that you can take and immediately put into action to jump-start, re-focus and re-energize your business and career? Join Leaders, Senior & Middle Managers, Business Owners and Entrepreneurs)
- The Art of Marketing - April 3 - Toronto, ON (The Art of Marketing is a thought-provoking conference that explores the power shift in brand-consumer relationships. It puts the spotlight on how business models are being disrupted and, as a result, how marketers need to rethink how to achieve their goals.)
- The Art of Leadership for Women - April 5 - Vancouver, BC (one day conference features five internationally renowned bestselling authors and thought leaders, who will share an exciting blend of cutting edge thinking and real world experience on today’s most critical leadership issues.)
- WNORTH - April 19-21 - Whistler, BC (boutique-style conference is focused on providing a forum for women who are the next generation of senior leadership in their organization to come together to enhance their leadership training, engage in high-level networking and witness inspirational talks from leading women in business.)
- B Connected Conference - April 22-23 - Toronto, ON (Canada’s Digital Influencer Conference, is open to influencers, small business owners, charitables organizations, not for profit associations, and major brands, looking to enhance their social media and blogging skills. BDigital. BInfluential. BConnected! This Conference aims to help you achieve an interactive learning experience within the social media and blogging industries. It’s a fun and intimate event for influencers, brands and speakers alike!)
- Atlantic Farm Women Conference - April 28-29 - Halifax, NS (In the past, Farm women sought out these conferences as a unique way to work collaboratively and help move agriculture forward. We plan to pair some serious discussions with some light and fun activities! We'll send you home stuffed with new knowledge and rejuvenated to continue in this industry! You'll meet women from across Atlantic Canada who love this industry as much as you AND you're guaranteed to have fun doing it!)
- Leadercast - May 5 - Held virtually in 100+ countries (Leadercast Live is the largest one-day leadership event in the world. Broadcast live each year from Atlanta to 100,000+ people in hundreds of locations around the world, Leadercast Live brings together many of the world’s most recognized and respected global leaders to create a leadership experience unlike any other.)
- Globe and Mail Small Business Summit - May 9 - Toronto, ON (They are the disrupters. The leaders. The brightest entrepreneurs in Canadian business. The Globe and Mail has invited them to share their insights during an inspiring day of keynote talks, workshops and networking. Walk away with new ideas and actionable tips on securing financing, acquiring talent and expanding sales, and take your business to the next level in this rapidly changing marketplace.)
- Canadian Public Relations Conference - May 28-30 - Kelowna, BC (The 2017 National Conference embraces and celebrates what it means to illuminate. For starters, our host city Kelowna is illuminated constantly thanks to 2000 hours of sunshine each year and breathtaking Northern Light displays. Then, during each session, expert presenters will illuminate new concepts, enlightening delegates by providing deeper understanding of public relations.Finally, as the crown jewel of the CPRS, Illuminate 2017 will serve to maintain our illustrious status as leaders in the Canadian public relations and communications industry.)
- The Art of Leadership for Women - June 13 - Toronto, ON (one day conference features five internationally renowned bestselling authors and thought leaders, who will share an exciting blend of cutting edge thinking and real world experience on today’s most critical leadership issues.)
- Blog Podium - typically held in September but date & location still TBD (BlogPodium is a series of conferences and small workshops designed to connect people together, encourage collaboration and sharing, and of course, have a great time. We are Canada’s Conference for Design and Lifestyle Bloggers)
- Inbound Marketing - September 25-28 - Boston, MA (INBOUND's purpose is to provide the inspiration, education, and connections you need to transform your business. This November, we will host thousands of marketing and sales professionals from almost every industry imaginable and from all corners of the globe at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
- Advancing Women Conference East - October 30-31- Niagara Falls, ON (Created for every woman who wants to achieve success. Whether you are a crop, fruit, vegetable, dairy or livestock producer, own your own small or large ag business or in a career path with an ag organization or association - this conference is for you. Gain or hone the skills that will bring you success in your career, family life and community.)
- Food Bloggers of Canada - October 20-22 - Ottawa, ON (FBC2017 is Canada’s only national conference for food bloggers. It’s a fun, intimate event for bloggers, brands and speakers alike. We focus on providing professional development for our members and other interested bloggers; an intimate atmosphere to foster blogger to blogger and blogger to brand networking; great food; and fun)
- Tedx Toronto - date still TBD - Toronto, ON (Tedx Toronto is Canada's largest Tedx event, a platform for exceptional ideas and a catalyst for profound change. In our seventh year, TEDxToronto is Canada’s largest TEDx event, a platform for exceptional ideas, and a catalyst for profound change. The annual, one-day conference draws a diverse and passionate array of speakers, performers, demos and audience members)
*Each of the descriptions about each conference were taken directly from conference websites.